This tart is best when fruit is ripe and in season. Top it with Stone Fruits: Peaches, Nectarines, Black Plums, Apricots or any of the Berries. It is gluten free, dairy free and tastes so good, you may just want to eat it for breakfast!
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour (Honeyville Brand or Wellbee's Brand)
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, gently melted
1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp. Honey or Maple Syrup
6 Tbsp. Butter, softened
1/4 - 1/3 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
1 large Egg
3/4 cup Almond Flour
1 tsp. Almond Extract
1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
Fruit: 2 cups sliced plums or 2-3 cups fruit; Berries, Stone Fruits, mixture of fruits, sliced if needed (keep edible skins on for presentation, except maybe apple)
Optional: 1/4 cup apricot preserves (all natural, no sugar), melted
Prepare the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, make crust. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil and Maple Syrup.
- Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Press the dough into a 9-inch tart or pie pan, Springform if you have it.
- Put crust in refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- With a mixer (either standing or hand), cream the butter with the maple syrup or honey until fluffy.
- Add the egg, almond flour, almond & vanilla extracts, and the coconut flour.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and spread the filling over it evenly. If you are using firmer fruit (pear’s, peach’s) that needs baking, add it now by layering it into decorative rings.
- Bake the tart in the center of the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown. If tart is still wiggly in the middle, give it a few more minutes (set that timer!), and if it’s getting too brown, cover loosely with tin foil. TIP: Turn off the heat and leave the pie in for 5-10 minutes more.
- When tart has cooled a bit and if using fruit that won’t be baked (berries, etc.), layer it in decorative rings. If sliced, gently overlap the slices.
- Optional: Brush with melted apricot preserves (helps to maintain fruit’s liveliness).
- Cool and refrigerate