These make a delicious wholesome breakfast! These can be made completely Vegan and Gluten Free (GF) by using certified GF Oats and a milk substitute. They will also keep well in the fridge for several days and can be reheated in a toaster oven.
2 cups rolled oats (Bobs Gluten Free Rolled Oats)
2 cups water or milk or milk alternative (Try Almond Milk)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tbsp maple syrup or agave (For a healthier sugar substitute try either Lakanto, Erythritol, or Zylitol)
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch sea salt
Cooking oil (I use Walnut)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Let batter stand for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken
- Heat a skillet with some oil and pour desired amount of pancake batter onto skillet
- Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Pancake needs to be cooked through.
- Cashew butter or Almond butter and your favorite jam (I love Strawberry-Rhubarb)
- Fruit sauce or fruit sauce mixed with real Maple syrup