- 1 bag or bar of dark chocolate (12 oz). I like Equal Exchange Bittersweet 70% Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw cashews, chopped, leave a bit chunky
- 8 oz dates, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Zest of 1/2 of an Orange
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or Orange Liquer
- Blend 2/3 cup of cashews with 2/3 cup of water on high for 30 seconds.
- Chop up 1 cup of cashews and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler until just melted.
- Fold together the blended cashew mixture, dates, sea salt, orange zest and orange liqueur.
- Refrigerate mixture until firm, approximately 45 minutes.
- Roll 3/4 inch balls in your hands and then into the chopped cashews.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Truffles will keep in freezer for up to a month)
Nutrition information: 1 ball
105 calories, 5g fat, 1g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 1.5g fiber, 5mg sodium