- 1 pound Asparagus spears. Trim away the tough wooden bottom.
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth (Favorites are: Imagine Organic Vegetarian No-Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth)
- 2 cups diced organic Potatoes (Red, White or Russet)
- 1/2 cup chopped Scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Swirl of cream (optional)
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces separating the tips from the stalk pieces.
- In a saucepan, bring the stock to boil and add the asparagus tips and blanch for 1-2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the stock, add the potatoes, asparagus and scallions. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes until tender.
- Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and add in the asparagus tips.