This recipe can be modified in many ways! You can replace the almonds with walnuts, pistachios or traditional pine nuts. You can switch out the basil and replace it with cilantro, parsley or arugula. And, you can always add more garlic.
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons freshly grates Parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place Almonds in food processor and process until finely chopped
- Add Basil and process until well combined with nuts
- Lightly saute the crushed Garlic for a couple of minutes in a bit of the olive oil. Do not brown!
- Add the sauteed Garlic and rest of the oil to the mixture and process
- Add in the Parmesan Cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in a lidded jar in the fridge