Winter Kale is sweeter than any other time of the year. They naturally sweeten up after the first fall frost making Kale Chips taste so good they can be downright addicting and, they are so easy to make! I like them best fresh from the oven; sweet, salty, spicy, crunchy, warm, oily…who needs potato chips?
My absolute favorite Kale Chips are made with Winter Curly Green Kale, Peperoncini Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Curly Green Kale seems to cook evenly and quickly and is SO sweet. Let me know what your favorite recipe is?
- 1-2 heads of curly Green Kale. You can also try Red Kale, Blue Kale or a box of Baby Kale (preferably Organic)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus some Peperoncini infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. You can also try Garlic infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Ground Pepper or any seasoning your prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You can use the convection setting if you have one.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash your Kale well and dry on paper towels.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems and break leaves into small pieces. Discard stems.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of “the Olive Oils of your choice” over leaves and massage to lightly coat.
- Sprinkle on Salt and Pepper or any seasoning you prefer and mix to coat.
- Here is the trick: Place the leaves on the lined pan individually and try not to crowd. Leaves crisp better when separated.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes depending on your oven temperature until the leaves crisp. Don’t burn. You may need to turn the leaves mid-way for even heating.
- Enjoy with the family as a snack or side dish!